Monday, March 22, 2010

Snow White on Blu-Ray

I had not watched this Disney classic in some time. While some of the film is indelibly etched into my brain, I had forgotten much. This film is a classic in all senses. The music is lovely and I still adore the Dwarfs but the Queen is so evil. The film was a gift to my Princess-obsessed daughter. As we were watching the DVD, I became concerned that she would be frightened by the very dark nature of some of the scenes. She seemed unphased, however, be warned that there are some scary scenes.

All that said, I was stunned by the majesty of the digital restoration, especially for the Blu-Ray. I compared it to the old VHS tape we had and the difference was night and day. I absolutely recommend stepping up the DVD or better, the Blu-Ray disc.

I call this a Settle In -- stick around you might find that you too will be swept away by the film that was the first to gain the title Princess for Disney. It really is a masterpiece.


Rating:

Overall: roperoperoperope>Photobucket


Age Appropriateness: roperoperoperope

Child Attention Span: roperoperoperope

Adult Enjoyment: roperoperoperope

2 comments:

  1. The first time I saw this film I was in second grade and our class went to the local Tinytown theater. I think we all took a quarter to get in. I still love this movie.

    Ya'll have a wonderfully blessed day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first film I saw at the pictures as a child - it will always bring such fond memories.

    Off topic I know but have you seen the film Coraline and if so what did you make of it? I watched it for the first time yesterday and thought it very scary. I'd be interested to hear your views.

    ReplyDelete