Saturday, November 12, 2011

Puss in Boots

What a fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon with my kids and a great note with which to return to the blog. An origin tale of revenge and ultimate redemption, it is a delightful mix of fairy tale, Western adventure, and heist films.

Antonio Banderas reprises his role of Puss from the Shrek films. Part cute kitten, part heart breaker, Puss is a player in all senses. His nemesis/love interest is voiced by Selma Hayek and Humpty Dumpty is played by Zach Galifianakis. Yes, I said Humpty Dumpty. Jack and Jill and a Beanstalk make appearances in the film. And if you are looking for any representation of the Puss in Boots we grew up with, good luck. But the film is clever, mostly age appropriate (a few innuendos but far more subtle than those in the Shrek series), and worth the $7 for a child ticket. All in all, I would say "Step Out".



Rating:

Overall:rope rope rope rope rope 3

Age Appropriateness (3 and Up): rope rope rope rope

Adult Enjoyment: rope rope rope rope

1 comment:

  1. I'd been wondering about this one because I loved the Shrek films but kind of balked when Puss and Boots came out. We may wait for the DVD version and just by it out right, but when I see it with the kids, I'll let you know what we've thought. :)

    ReplyDelete