Thursday, July 1, 2010

Toy Story 3

This is one of the rare cases wherein I, the parent, enjoyed the film more than my kiddos. To start, Pixar has done it again! These guys can't seem to hit a false note. The film definitely lives up to the legacy of the previous two and absolutely worth a trip to the theater.

That said, it is scary for younger children. If I had it to do again, I would not take my three year old. Andy's (and our) favorite toys are endangered multiple times but more disturbing for my youngest, there is a very menacing teddy bear in the mix. Even my son (age six) seemed a little overwhelmed by this one. But in the end, he was fully in love with the film and ready to buy everything Toy Story 3 he could get his hands on (thanks a lot, Disney Pixar!)

Nobody beats Pixar in animation. And they really create wonderful stories that live up to the visual beauty. This one is a poignant look at growing up and the choices we make -- what we take with us and what we leave behind. Trust me if you are a parent, you'll want to bring a tissue or two.

Overall, it is a definite, "Step Out" for school age kids and up. For the younger one, I'd say wait for the DVD.

Overall: rope rope rope rope rope


Age Appropriateness (School Age): rope rope rope rope rope

Under 5:rope rope rope 3

Child Attention Span: rope rope rope rope rope

Adult Enjoyment: rope rope rope rope rope

No comments:

Post a Comment